Diversity and Multiculturalism Training
Providing diversity training to employees and managers is a critical component of any diversity initiative. It helps organizations to:
- Build a culture that is empowered by differences
- Develop effective multicultural teams
- Recruit and retain a diverse workforce
- Resolve conflict between employers and employees
- Reduce employee turnover
- Promote employee productivity
- Demonstrate compliance with emerging federal guidelines
Our training programs always include the following basic components:
- Knowledge needed to function effectively in multicultural environments.
- Awareness of learned prejudices and fears about differences and how these impact organizational culture and personal and professional relationships.
- Skills to increase the level of cultural competence, cross-cultural conflict resolution and creative problem solving.
- Action to develop plans to implement the new knowledge, awareness and skills, on both the individual and organizational levels. Change may start at the individual level, but it is best sustained when it takes place simultaneously at the systemic level.
Core Training Programs
iMCI’s training programs are custom-designed to fit the unique needs of each client. Curriculum development is based on information gathered from an organization’s audit. Case examples, drawn from the experiences of the participants, are often included to make the learning relevant and applicable to their work.
- Building Cultural Competence
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Developing Learning Organizations
- Cultural Competency in Dialogue Facilitation
- Culturally Competent Customer Service
- Leadership Development
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Mediating Multicultural Conflict
- Organizational Culture Change
- Performance Management
- Preventing Sexual Harassment
- Recruiting, Interviewing, Hiring and Retaining a Culturally Diverse Staff
- Strategic Planning
- Training of Diversity Trainers
- Working Internationally
For any project, we will provide ongoing technical assistance through activities such as post-training follow-up, meeting facilitation, report generation, resource development and consultation to managers.
For more information about our training programs, please contact iMCI.